About Me

My photo
Life is an adventure... take detours!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 9 - Back to Ft. Lauderdale

Back to port in Fort Lauderdale, with lots of time to spare before our air shuttles would be taking us back home to reality, we decided to be adventurous and do an Everglades tour.  I felt like I was on CSI Miami, going out in the Everglades on airboats and getting within inches of alligators - wowsers - what a thrill.  I think a couple of people nearly shit themselves, I know I did!   And then we watched an alligator show afterwards where the host does many risky things, one such as putting his entire head into the alligators mouth.  There were also baby alligators that we got to hold, they had there mouths tapes shut of course!

As sad as I was for our trip to end, I was very grateful for the amazingly unforgettable experience I had that will be cherished for ever!!

If you ever have a chance to do a cruise I can't stress enough that you must at least try it once and you will be forever hooked!!  After this trip I added a new 'goal' to my 'bucket list' and that is when I retire I will be doing the World Cruise which is approximately 40 days and you cruise the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment