About Me

My photo
Life is an adventure... take detours!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Calgary Zoo

When Pacey was 3 we decided to go to the Calgary Zoo, as Pacey was a huge dinosaur fanatic we thought the dinosaur area at the zoo would be very intriguing for him.
Well, the day we planned for the zoo it was scorching hot and walking all day in the heat with a 3 year old who wants to be carried the entire time and the heat was over bearing for him, plus pulling a wagon with snacks, water, etc. it became more of a dreadful day for me that a great memorable one.  
I think we made the mistake of touring through the dinosaur area first and Pacey was all super excited and thought it was fantastic and then the rest of the zoo just seemed like a bore to him which made him uninterested and cranky basically the remainder of the day.
The zoo is fantastic, but I strongly feel that once you’ve seen it once you are pretty much good.  And big recommendation - don’t take your kids until they are old enough to be able to walk all day without needing to be carried or pushed or pulled.
Don’t let my one bad experience detour you from taking in this amazing experience, I did go as a kid and it was fantastic - I loved it.  You get to discover Africa, the Canadian Wilds, Australia, the Dinosaur Prehistoric Park, South America, Eurasia and the Botanical Gardens.
I’ve heard that the zoo is an amazing place to go see close to Christmas with all the zoo lights, I may still make one more attempt with Pacey and I hope you will take at least one opportunity to go discover life on earth at the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment