About Me

My photo
Life is an adventure... take detours!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 4 - The BIG Day in St. Thomas!!!

The most remarkable day of my life!  Rise and shine bright and early to get my hair done in the salon, along with my mom and bridesmaids.  The salon and spa on board were absolutely amazing.  I was running tight on time after getting my hair done and so I raced down to my room to get ready and everyone was meeting on the main deck to get off the ship and I had 10 minutes to get down there and for everyone to get out to our vans.  I was grateful I had done my make up before going to get my hair done so I just needed to get my dress on and dazzle myself up.
I got down to the main deck where everyone was ready and looking sexy as hell!!  Then I realized I had not only forgot to put on my jewelry, but had also forgot the rings in our safe in our room.  I was now running behind and was then informed that it was raining outside.  We got off the ship and some stranger ran up to me and held his coat over my head as we all ran (over a city block) from the ship to our chaffeurs.  Everyone kept reassuring me that rain was good luck on your wedding day and of course I told them they were all full of s@*#.
From the ship the vans took us by the court house to have our marriage certificate signed in front of a judge and from there it was off to Lime Tree Beach in St. Thoams where our wedding planner and the ceremony was to take place.


The minute we pulled up to the beach the rain stopped and the sun came out and it was magnificent!
We had to walk down several flights of stairs down a hill to get to the beach where the wedding planner was.  As my mom and I got to the bottom and turned around to look at everyone else coming down the stairs she pointed to my dad and asked what I noticed wrong about him.  That morning while us ladies were getting our hair ready it was up to my dad to make sure our son got dressed and was ready on time and for him to get himself ready on time, that was it nothing over the top.  I told my mom I didn’t know what was off except that his shorts looked brownish and as far as I knew he was suppose to be wearing black shorts to match the attire of the wedding party.  She looked at me and in hysterical laughter said that my dad did not own a pair of brown shorts (if you knew my dad you would realize that this was probably the third time in his life that he had ever worn a pair of shorts) and he had only brought 2 pairs of shorts on the trip and they were both black, but that the brown shorts were hers!!  As he neared we asked him how his shorts were fitting and he thought he ate too much for breakfast because they were quite tight, so mom informed him that they were hers and within seconds everyone was dying with laughter.  He took in stride the fact that he fit into his wife’s shorts.
The wedding coordinator was amazing and everything was perfect.  With such little preparation from my end - I told them what colour of flowers I would like and the if/what decorations I wanted to have and they had flowers which matched my wedding colours perfectly, the cake was beautiful with matching flowers and topped off with champagne for everyone and lots of it.  We did the ceremony underneath a lime tree just up from the beach and it was as perfect as I had ever dreamed it could be.  Our ceremony was very short and sweet.  As long as I can remember I had always wanted to have a pink wedding dress and so I did!  The entire wedding/cruise went off without a hitch and I am so very grateful to have had the chance to have this experience and I hope everyone has an opportunity for such an experience.
The cruise wedding package included a photograph who took thousands of photo’s before the ceremony, during the ceremony, after the ceremony on the beach and then also when we went back to the ship he also took us all around the ship and we took photo’s everywhere!  

Our wedding was in the morning, as this is highly recommended to beat the extreme heat in the afternoon which I am glad we did because it was a scorcher of an afternoon.  We then had the remainder of the afternoon to tour around St. Thomas and everyone was meeting back for supper at 6.
For the afternoon my husband and I and a few other couples headed to Megan’s Beach which is one of the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world.  We hung out there for the afternoon drinking and swimming.  Suppaer was low key and wonderful spending it with al our family and friends with some great toasts.  Afterwards we went to a few of the lounges and had a the most memorable day of my life!

When we got back to our room that night the crew of the ship had sent a big bottle of champagne along with a beautiful cake topper, a pair of etched wine glasses, chocolate covered strawberries and a card.  We sat out on our balcony, took in the fresh air the refreshing sound of the ocean waves splashing against the ship and uncorked that bottle of champagne and shared it with our friends who were in the suite next to ours who were out on their balcony.
It was a wedding week for me with this day being unimaginable and so easy to plan and very reasonable in price.  I would highly recommend this to everyone and anyone as the way to go!   And the most fantastic part was knowing that we still had 5 more days sailing the Caribbean sea to top off our sharing of vows and togetherness!

No comments:

Post a Comment